Marissa’s Kitchen offers a variety of classes, for all ages and all stages, in Marissa’s Kitchen or yours. From a kids’ birthday party to a couples’ night out, a classic French meal to chocolate and cheese workshops, you can find something that strikes your fancy. A few offerings:
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, from milk (you’ll learn to make the curds
- Luscious French Macarons with a variety of fillings
- Crepes, sweet and savory
- Cookie decorating
- Fresh Pastas and raviolis
- Classic savory sauces
- Basic Knife skills
For scheduled classes, see the calendar below and click on the class you are interested in, for details. All classes are $50, hands-on and last about 2 hours (you’ll get recipes and lots of tastes of what we make in the class). See below for pricing and procedures for a private or group lesson. For now, please email or call to reserve a spot in a class. Soon, online payment will be offered.
For a private lesson, class or event, please consider the following questions:
- Would you like the class or event in Marissa’s Kitchen Stadium? If not, where would you like to hold the event?
- What date would you like, what time of day, how many hours?
- How many people will attend, and would you prefer hands-on or a demonstration?
- What type of food would you like to learn: a single subject, a specific type of cuisine or a dish?
Once you have a good idea of what you want, we can start planning.
The rate for private classes is $150/hour, plus expenses. Additional charges for travel (example, to and from the city or Connecticut) may apply. A non-refundable deposit will be charged.
*Cancellation policy: While we understand that emergencies do arise, we still must charge a deposit for each class — private classes and events, as well as those on our calendar. Please do not assume that showing interest in a class indicates that a deposit is not necessary. For cancellations 48 hours ahead of the event or class, you may have the entire fee refunded or credited toward a new date and time. For cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled class, there will be no refund. Space is limited; wait lists will be made available for sold-out classes.